Foreign companies have to notify Posting of Workers to Finnish Occupational Security and Health Authority beginning from September 1st 2017. Notification is done before beginning of the work.
Posted workers are employees posted to work temporally in another EU country (or within the same company).
In the construction field the notification is obligatory. If there are substantial changes in the information, the posting company needs to make immediately a new notice. Substantial changes refer to a change of representative, work place, number of workers or contract partner.
The notification must include:
- Identifying details of the company
- contact information
- foreign tax identification number
- information on the responsible persons of the posting company in the country where the company is established
- identifying details and contact information of the contractor
- identifying details and contact information of the builder and the main contractor for companies in the construction sector
- estimated number of posted workers
- identifying details and contact information of the postings company´s representative i Finland or information indicating why a representative must not be selected
- starting date of the posting of workers and the estimated duration of the posting
- place where the work will be carried out
- branch in which the worker will work
Reporting is not needed when workers are transferred within the company for a maximum of 5 days. The posting company has to consider all posting periods for the last four (4) months. If there have been posted workers in Finland during this period, the notification has to be done and also a local representative has to be named. In construction field the notification has to be done at all times.
If notification is not given, a negligence fee between 1 000 and 10 000 euros can be imposed (also insufficient information or informing a representative without his nomination).
The Act of Posted Workers was renewed last year (447/2016) and it came into effect on June 18th 2016.
Econia Business Services offers notifications in part of local representative services according to the agreement.
Kindly be in contact to agree on your workers´ representation in Finland.